© 2024 ALLCITY Network Inc.
All rights reserved.
According to Christopher Dempsey of The Denver Post, Ty Lawson might very well have played his last game in a Denver Nuggets uniform.
Early Sunday morning Dempsey published an article claiming Lawson’s time in Denver “may be nearing an end.” In it he details Lawson’s growing separation from Nuggets’ staff, players and management and even outlines exact dates where Lawson committed infractions against his current team. Those violations, according to Dempsey, are as follows:
• He missed a team breakfast meeting in the 2013-14 season and was held out of the starting lineup that night.
• He missed the first post-All-Star Game practice this year when he was unable to make it back from the longest break in NBA history because he was relaxing in Las Vegas.
• He was arrested on suspicion of DUI.
• He missed a shootaround late this season, which was dismissed at the time as an “illness.”
• He played his part on a team that stopped playing hard for Shaw, leading to Shaw’s firing, and then, months later, tried his best to twist the knife and embarrass Shaw by posting a video of the former Nuggets coach rapping a pregame speech.
In situations like these the writing is on the wall. Unless Lawson finds a sudden change in heart and decides he wants to represent the Nuggets in proper professional fashion, there’s a good chance he’ll be traded come the NBA Draft on June 25.
Stay tuned right here at BSN for more details and analysis throughout the week.